Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is it just me, or did 60 degrees suddenly become hot?

So, it appears that the over-heating of late pregnancy has hit me as temperatures soar into the mid-60s. Granted, it leans closer towards the low-70s in our apartment. Lately it's been a lot of ice water, windows open or AC's on (thanks Jarrod for helping Ben get those setup during your visit - I am eternally grateful) and a lot of sweating. For the most part, I think it takes me longer to adjust to temperature changes, but I can tell you that at night with the window AC on and the covers thrown off it is still REALLY hot.

I have outgrown some of my maternity clothes! The baby went straight out and hardly up at all, so a lot of my clothes aren't long enough to cover the belly anymore. Who knew! So, I decided I would just abscond with many of Ben's T-shirts to supplement the clothes I can no longer wear, either because I grew out of them or they were winter wear and, like I said, I am very hot. I try to avoid wearing some of the cardinals ones he's particularly fond of, especially since I tend to lean over into things in the lab or cooking (water, sauces, powders ... nothing is safe). Still, his wardrobe is becoming depleted. Only a couple of weeks left, though, so that's about 3-4 laundry days. I think he'll survive.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Hannah! Your dad caught cold when I was pregnant with Libby. He would be huddle under all the blankets and I was spread eagled to catch every breeze with the fan blowing on me. Ben, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart says I was always hot. In fact he says that's the reason I got pregnant (He forced me to write this). We love you, Hannah, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete