Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our 2 year anniversary

We celebrated our 2 year anniversary today. It came in with a pop - not a bang. Last night, as Ben and I sat in exhaustion with the baby in bed, I sat pumping and grading papers and Ben was sick on the recliner and waiting to take his next dose of medicine before going to bed. Ben looked over at me and asked, "Is marriage as glamorous as you thought it would be?" I have to say to him, "Marriage is better than I thought it would be!" It's not always pretty, but we have a pretty great life. A few humorous comments are in the video below.



We've been so busy lately, that we didn't realize that it was our anniversary until mid-morning after I taught my class. Someone texted us a congratulations and we looked at each other and said, "Oh yeah!" We'd been talking about our anniversary on Tuesday, but we've been so busy that Tuesday snuck up no us! As a result, there were no cards, flowers, candy, or treats. However, we went to lunch to commemorate the day. We are going to Omaha this weekend for a whole night together alone, which is our real anniversary gift to each other. Yeah! Ben's been sick since the weekend, so it wasn't too eventful. Cecilia is really coming out of her shell, and she went after my food during the meal! It's the first time she's shown real interest in what we're eating. Saying "no" just made her want it more :).

When we got home, Celia and I took a nap and Ben relaxed. When Celia woke up, Ben watched her so I could get an extra hour to make-up for burning the midnight oil working this weekend and Monday night. Then I went to teach, and when I got back we headed straight to Ben's softball game, and it was bittersweet. It was sad because it will probably be the last game he'll ever play with that team. It was exciting because they won the Fall Ball Championship! Ben wasn't feeling up to snuff since he was sick - but after a rocky start he made some incredible plays in the field. He also batted in some runs and scored a couple of times. It was a little cold and started spitting, but we made it through and put a tired baby right to bed.

Because Ben was sick, we couldn't even give each other a kiss for our anniversary. However, I look forward to many, many, many years of anniversaries and kisses. Love, I am so happy I married you. Thank you for our daughter and all the hopes, joys, trials, and tribulations that make up our life. Thank you for the past 2 years, and I can't wait for the years to come. Happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment